Pub Quiz – Pack A Punch – Round 2
As before this is nothing to do with boxing or other fighting sports but another round with 20 questions instead of the usual 15, This is a general knowledge quiz with medium difficulty.
Hope you enjoy
- Who was nicknamed ‘The Father of the Railway’?
- Which novel by Dan Brown begins with the murder of the curator of the Louvre museum in Paris?
- Which famous snooker commentator once said: “He’s going for the pink, and for those of you with black and white sets, the yellow is behind the blue”?
- Sarah Dallin, Keren Woodward and Siobhan Fahey were the original members of which group?
- In the UK, they are known as Star Jumps – by what name is this exercise known in the USA?
- The adjective ferric describes which metal?
- As Chancellor of the Exchequer who led the UK into the Exchange Rate Mechanism?
- Which American TV series is set in Wisteria Lane?
- What is ‘the mint with the hole’?
- What is the Japanese art of paper folding?
- Red is at one end of a rainbow, which colour is at the other end?
- “Never Say Never Again” was a re-make of which film?
- What is the term for the grasslands between the Andes and the Atlantic in South America?
- Complete this line from Monty Python’s ‘Life of Brian’ – “He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very…”?
- Which football club are called ‘The Canaries’?
- Whose death was reported with the newspaper headline: “Farewell Mr Miss World”?
- Which group had top ten hits in the 1970s with ‘Broken Down Angel’ and ‘Bad Bad Boy’?
- Which American sit-com was mainly set in a shop called Buy The Book?
- The kraken is a mythical sea monster said to appear off the coast of which country?
- Which Roberta Flack hit was written about Don McLean?
- GEORGE STEPHENSON
- THE DA VINCI CODE
- TED LOWE
- JUMPING JACKS
- JOHN MAJOR
- DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
- NAUGHTY BOY
- NORWICH CITY
- ERIC MORLEY
- KILLING ME SOFTLY WITH HIS SONG